- Pop some eye screws into the top corners and wind picture wire around them (you could also use ribbon)
- Stick washi tape around the edges of the board to brighten it up a bit
- Grab some dressmaking pins (as they are what you have to hand) and pin your jewellery up neatly (or messily, up to you)
- Whack a picture hook into the wall, hang your jewellery dislay up, spend an hour straightening it
- You, my friend, are DONE! Stand back and admire your work.
100 extra points if you manage to match your tape colour to that of your duvet by accident.
250 extra points if your cat deems this piece of DIY worth walking past.
Apologies for the dreadful pictures. Bad weather, bad light. Too impatient to wait for something better.
- I rediscovered my love of sewing, and have finally made something which I like
- I travelled to new places, visiting friends and attending the beautiful wedding of a good friend in Sweden
- I moved to a flat with a sea view
- I started Russian lessons
- I learnt to crochet
- Improve my sewing (maybe I could sew some of my new work wardrobe)
- Try new things (experiences, food, anything)
- Be braver (this links into the above, but also includes just doing stuff without worrying about it for ten days beforehand)
- Be nice to myself (time to stop dwelling on the small stuff and start focussing on things that make me feel good)
I hope 2014 brings you everything you dream of…